HomeApparatusPersonnel RosterFAQ'sContact UsImage Gallery
How do I join Lovelady Fire Department?
You must live within Lovelady Fire Department's district or within 1 mile from the district. You must also have a high school diploma or GED and be at least 18 years old. No experience is required and you will be provided the training needed. New members are placed on a 6 month probation period, during which time you may respond to fire calls within the district and learn how the fire service works. After the 6 month period is complete, the members of the fire department will vote whether to bring you on as a full member. If you are interested in joining this wonderful brotherhood please fill out the contact form on the webpage or stop by the fire department and pick up an application.

How do I get a burning permit?

    The easiest way to obtain a burning permit is to click here. This will take you to the NC Forest Service website and you can fill out an online application. Once completed you will receive an email with your permit to print. You can also stop by the fire deparment and have a member write you one.

Do you install smoke detectors?
   Yes! We happily install smoke detectors in homes that do not have any, or have old, smoke detectors. We are fortunate to have 10-year smoke alarms provided through a grant that we can install at no cost to you. Please use the contact us page to email or call the fire department and we will arrange a time to come to your house.

What area does Lovelady Fire & Rescue cover?
     Lovelady Fire & Rescue's coverage goes from outside the city limits of Valdese to almost East Burke BLVD on HWY 70 in Icard. We cover close to 28 square miles which includes Mineral Springs Mountain Area, Rutherford College, and Shady Grove.

Do you fill swimming pools?
     No, due to liability reasons we cannot fill your swimming pool.

HomeApparatusPersonnel RosterFAQ'sContact UsImage Gallery